Insanely FEARLESS

It's a well known fact that, apart from Jackie Chan, Tom Cruise is the only living actor who did all the stunts in his career by himself! This is why I watch Tom Cruise movies, that and the lovely lady co-stars of course.
image
The actor has been snapped perched precariously on a box at the very top of the 829m (2,723ft) Burj Khalifa in Dubai dressed in a grey T-shirt and jeans.  



I am afraid of heights, I can't even walk the top level of a shopping mall without experiencing vertigo. I am assuming Cruise was "tethered" or secured to the tower in a manner that was not visible, because it is unfathomable that he would sit so highly perched without safety measures in place. Nor would the producers allow it, in fact:



He was up there for about an hour. The chopper circled several times very close. He's the only one that you can see, but there were other people up there but hiding down the spire. Lots and lots of filming was happening—both from the chopper and from below (check out the guy in the cradle hanging lower down the Burj on the left hand side).
They were filming a 360 degree pan of him. My guess is that it's for promo, and maybe not for the film itself (in all the swinging shots he's wearing 3/4 length trousers. Here he's wearing jeans I think).
How did he get there?
1. He first took elevator BS1: Concourse (4.0 m.) to level 138 (508.2 m.)
2. Then got into elevator BS3: Level 138 to level 160 (621.3 m.)
3. From there, he got elevator BS4: Level 160 to section 18B (646.9 m.) You can also take the steep stairs/landings from 160 to 18B.
4. After that, he climbed the ladder from section 18B to section 19 (653.3 m.)
5. Went from section 19 to section 21 (691.7 m.) taking the steep stairs/landings.
6. Climbed the ladder inside the pinnacle pipe: Section 21 to top platform (826.6 m.)
Yes, that's 443 feet climbing up a ladder at the end. Seems like quite a trip. Cruise has been filming Mission Impossible 4 in Dubai during the last few weeks.
All Hail The Daredevil
To see how this AMAZING stunt was accomplished, rent the movie: Man On Wire.
Not since 1974 when Phillipe Petite walked on a tightrope between the Twin Towers at the World Trade Center in New York city have I seen such crazy sh*t!
And if you're starting to doubt the authenticity of the photo, a video has been released showing Cruise casually sitting on the top with a yellow helicopter flying above him.
Filmmakers reportedly had to monitor temperatures on the building's sun-baked surface so he wouldn't get burned while Cruise also had to be careful of cross winds.
Tom said at a press conference: 'I had to figure out, actually, how to fly. I had to figure out how to use my feet as a rudder ... The first couple of times I was slamming into the building.'
image
When asked what his first thought was he jumped off of the building, he replied: 'I hope I don't fall.'
He previously told Empire magazine that he hoped the stunt would be the movie's 'popcorn moment'.
'I came banging into the building and I can literally feel the fear emanating from the crew and I’m like, “No, no, I’m okay, I’m okay!”We talked a lot about “popcorn moments”. You know, where you want to grab your popcorn. That’s what I always hoped Mission would be for an audience. And I really think we’ve nailed it.’
Cruise has been an active Scientologist for over 20 years. Despite the indictments of the “religion” being a cult, all I can write is that it’s made Cruise one fearless Motherf*cker.