New Internet Service STILL NOT activated! Blog will soon be unavailable AGAIN.

http://digitalmilkyway.co.cc/_cacheimg/d/s/dsl%20companys.jpg

You will not believe the insanity that I’ve been through merely because I wanted to

terminate my home phone service in favor of “Free Standing” DSL.

If you don’t know what free standing DSL is, it’s when you can receive high speed internet through your telephone landline without having to actually have telephone service.http://www.inttelprod.com/images/partner_family%20phones.jpg

So  I called and ordered the stand alone DSL. Then I cancelled my phone service and I was happy to do so.  I am not xenophobic or jingo-istic by nature but there’s nothing better than dealing with Good Ol’ American incompetence and I sure wish that I had been.

After a week of my telephone service NOT being terminated and being told that my request was “rejected” without any explanation why, I was forced to contact  the U.S. agency in charge of Communications (FCC) who directed me to my state agency (SCC).

Now I was back on home turf speaking with a customer service https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjmuKL_sD6d-h0gmrkOODSQv4oDy-c1rLNAtIUi-oejlHG1h0NkwzMMK-8Xtl4jkig2e8Ocq29-LdU0k5nnh6qDtCbh0CpRC5ogTcXNI2P1WaTPqFMvFVoSLwbwtoL59yv9-2Cw/s400/att-sucks.jpgrepresentative\, whose Dixie accent was soothing.  She contacted the telephone company an d the very next day I received a call from the President of AT&T office and my phone service termination request was personally processed.  Fucking Un believable!

However my telephone service will not be officially terminated until Monday June 13 and that means that I cannot order the DSL service until Tuesday the 14th and then it will take up to ten days for the service to actually begin.  So the week of June 14, 2011 there will not be any blogs posted.

Thank you for you patience and understanding.

 

Technorati Tags: ,,