Rosario and Zoe and Jessica

The NEW “Sexi”
Rosario Dawson
Birth Place: New York, New York, U.S.A. Date of Birth: May 9, 1979. Ethnicity: Puerto Rican, Afro-Cuban, Irish and Native American .
(Zoe Saldana) Birth Name: Zoe Yadira Zaldaña Nazario.

Birth Place: New York City, U.S.A.. Date of Birth: June 19, 1978. Ethnicity: Puerto Rican
image
image

Multi Ethnicity is the NEW Sexy. Hate me I don’t care, but it’s no longer fashionable to deny the multiplicity of one’s ethnicity just to satisfy ONE racial Group.

What this means is that the age old Jeffersonian Dogma that One Drop of African Blood makes a person “black” is NOT true. In fact it’s NEVER been true. It was merely a tool used by European Slave owners to fortify their privileged status as whites.

Unfortunately many African Americans still abide by this rule as we have seen with in my troubles with that Know Nothing @ohmaryjane.  OMG my ex wife’s mother [my former mother in law] was the same way:  “You know one drop of black blood makes you black” [Um NO it doesn’t and it doesn’t make you black either “unrelated-mom”. 

What I didn’t understand at the time was why she denied her father who was Hispanic, I mean she looked Hispanic, but I guess being Hispanic wasn’t her life experience. Then one day it became as clear as crystal.  Her Latin Father abandoned her African American mother who raised the child alone. This was coupled with an intense resentment towards her father and lead her to deny her Latino half.  I didn’t appreciate this woman’s attempts to force me to carry her identity issue. In divorce one parent leaves, that’s the way it is, so it's the parent’s responsibility to ensure the child affected by divorce grows up with a connected sense of identity not a disjointed one.

I understand why there are some African Americans who cling to this dated notion. See when a group experiences Cultural Dislocation, they naturally gravitate towards anything that reinforces their identity and sense of self.  The problem that this attitude holds for biracial or multi ethnic individuals is that we are expected to deny our true identities so that the aggrieved are satiated. When we don’t we are accused of lusting after brunettes with “white facial features” or worse “Self Hate”. But the real  self haters are those individuals who feel that no one would be attracted to them unless they looked like a Jessica Clark. The problem isn’t me being attracted to any particular type, the real problems lay in issues that one has with individuals who don’t look like them.

With the exception of model Jessica Clark (star of the upcoming film: A Perfect Ending), the women I post who are mixed with African usually have “black."
facial features as with Dawson and Saldana.


I embrace the multiplicity of my ethnicity and am very proud to claim a African/German and Wingapo Native/AnerIndian lineage. So Fuck Yeah! I love me some exotic women, mixed facial features are fucking HOT and I wouldn’t settle for anything less.  

It’s NO secret that’s my preference (considering that I have a Latin surname also).

Nadia’s World:

image

Nadia Hatta: There’s only one Taiwanese, Indian, Hainan, and Arabic multi-national bombshell who can convincingly play the role of an African American lesbian prisoner with a panther tattoo to the point of bringing her audience to tears. Such is the mark of a true actress and an artist with no fears—Nadia Hatta, ladies. Did I mention that being Ethnically ambiguous is the new sexy?
African America’s “Dirty Little Secret.”

As whites experience less anxiety or discomfort when in the presence of mixed race individuals who have African ethnicity, “Blacks” experience MORE discomfort and anxiety as a result of their perception that the race is being “Diluted."

I can’t count the times I was asked “What are you” by an African image American, as if to put me on the defensive like it would lead me to say: “Why I’m black of course.”

That proclamation, however never happened once.  Not during my childhood or during my teen, or adult years. 

Especially not when African American lesbians tried to get in my panties because I looked so “Exotic.”

Now that is NOT to say that Caucasian lesbians didn’t want to do the same things for the same reasons, they just hid it better and didn’t expect me to deny any portion of my real identity like @ohmaryjane does, but her behavior is typical of an an individual who has experienced a profound sense of cultural dislocation and lack of identity. Particularly in  her claims that I “secretly” post images of mixed race women on my Blogs (If it’s on a blog then how “secret” can it be?).

This sensitivity also plays into the fact that when black teens commit mass robberies or ”Flash Robberies”, no one is expected to point that out without being called racist or when a white all female college step group wins a national stepping contest thy are denied first place status and have to share 1st Place with the African American group that came in 2nd out of fear of “Hurting the feelings” of the remaining African American Step groups and to avoid allegations of “stealing” black culture. Yes I know history and this is a burden  that Caucasians are known for acculturation. It dates all the way back to the War of Versailles and even earlier to Lord Jeffery Amherst infecting native people with smallpox to steal their land. Yeah it’s their legacy, and it’s a shameful legacy.



As a woman of color I’ve experienced racism, I’ve experienced denial based on the color of my skin and I have conveniently used an African American identity when trying to make a point, but when people who are insecure in their identities try to make me insecure about mine the gloves come off and I post the truth. The key to wanting to connect with a multiethnic/multiracial woman is NOT to indict her of lusting after women who look white, but to engage her by displaying an interest in her and respecting her sense of self and identity, that’s how one meets the Jessica Clarks of the world, if that’s your goal. It’s not like I haven’t been rejected by darker women merely because of my color, so I hardly expect there to be an assumption that i think a certain race is better merely because of melanin content.

@ohmaryjane’s problem is the fact that I’m NOT her parent, I am NOT beholden to show her compassion or understanding, or to forgive her transgressions. Like any insolent child @ohmaryjane is steadily cruisin for an inevitable bruising as some mixed race teen is gonna’ beat the shit out of her.