Before Marion Cotillard there was….

In the 1970’s Genvieve Bujold was what Marion Cotillard is to many movie goers today: A beautiful woman with a sexy French accent. Though not born or raised in France actress Genvieve Bujold, was born in Quebec in 1942.

image

International recognition came in 1969, when she starred as Anne Boleyn in Charles Jarrott's film Anne of the Thousand Days, opposite Richard Burton (If you don’t know Burton was on Hollywood's “A” List a major movie star).  Bujold went on to star in American and Canadian movies and Television shows.  
 

Genvieve is the Marion Cotillard that I grew up having a girl crush on.

I had stopped watching Star Trek for years but Geez when I heard she was going to be the NEXT captain Janeway I was stoked, but alas it wasn’t meant to be because it is alleged that Genvieve did not want to work under undesirable conditions so she quit:
Anyone familiar with my writings knows fairly well that I am not much of a fan of Mainstream American anything and really? Kate  Mulgrew?  I Don’t Think So. I prefer a hint of a Sexy French accent any day.