CHOICE



Before You Have A Heart Attack READ This:
“I want to make this very clear: I am talking about identity and self-expression, NOT about ones physical desires! People who are attracted to men can still date women. No, they may not be physically or emotionally satisfied, but thats not the point! 


 

People have the right to choose how they want to be perceived and what communities they want to be a part of. They have the right to say, "I'm Gay" or "I'm Straight" and not have someone else question that assertion. We need to stop fighting the "it's not a choice" battle because it assumes that, were it a choice, we would NEVER choose being gay over being straight. 


I am not forced to be a lesbian. I CHOOSE to live my "homosexual lifestyle" because it makes me happy and, not being bound by religious doctrine, I see no reason why I shouldn't be gay. I love the community, I love the identity, I love my partner, and *most importantly* I love myself. Even if someone told me that they could change my biology to be only attracted to men, I would refuse. 


When people say that they would chose to be straight if they could, then they are undermining the gay community by reinforcing the false sexuality hierarchy. (i.e. being straight is preferable to being gay) As far as Im concerned, if you don't want to be gay then don't be. I love being gay and I'd rather not have anyone on my team that isn't excited about being there. Stop being a spoilsport. Stop being a martyr. Stop being a victim.


No one and nothing can force you to be something you don't want to be. I just don't understand why someone would not want to be gay. It's FABULOUS! =D


* This video by ZJEmptv addresses more logically the same ideas that I am expressing in this more emotional vignette. If you still don't get what I'm taking about, please check this out:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfWY0LWg8s
Technorati Tags:
The only issue I have is with why EVERYONE on the internet, refuses to use the word LESBIAN!