Gonna Get My Sinbad On!

“Take a Deep Breath and Smile. There’s a whole World of Adventure Out There”

As I wait for the Real L Word, I watched the premier of Sky1’s latest production: Sinbad [The Series}.  Yes this is the same network to grace us with Chloe Sevigny as Mia the Transgendered assassin in Hit and Miss.

If the rest of the season is like the premier I think I am gonna really like Sinbad.  See I am a huge fan of the old fantasy movies like Jason and the Argonauts, Sinbad and the original Clash of the Titans but this new lens is progressive because the main characters are people of color and can I tell you how relieved I am to see protagonists not portraying maids or servants or “gangstas.”  I http://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/_assets/uploads/cropped/23233-square.jpgmean seriously it was really great to see actresses of African descent like Estella Daniels [Right] portraying royalty as was historically accurate.  http://www.whatawitch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/marama-corlett-in-missed-connection.jpg

Some of the angles are very reminiscent of Spartacus and although the show is not ass bloody as  Spartacus, I did find myself shouting: “Save Her” as Sinbad attempts to save a woman trapped in a sinking ship. He saves her [Maltese actress Marama Corlett: Left].

Sure Sinbad may have been Persian but I must admit that Elliot Knight is a cutie as Sinbad. 



If you would like me to add a link to the show please post a message in the Chat Area below.