And this is why it worked…..

http://www.tvblog.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/chicagofire001.jpg
http://www.afterellen.com/sites/www.afterellen.com/files/2012/12/renee.png
 Have you ever seen a character on a television show and you’re like": Damn she’s FOINE! You wonder who she is and each time you se her it’s the same: She is Foine! 

D-U-H. See I rarely watched Barely Legal and you’d think I’d have a clue from  her role as Shane’s jilted fiancé Carmen from The L Word, but I swear I couldn’t identify Sarah Shahi as Renee Royce, a successful business woman and love interest for Taylor Kinney’s Lt. Kelly Severide.

So when this character left for Madrid in last week’s episode I was sad to see her go. Shahi was in the type of role that suited her: A strong forthright sexual woman that possessed a sense of genuineness far beyond the relationship naiveté of Carmen Del La Pica Morales, or that lawyer chic on Fairly Legal

 

However now that I know the identity of this character I can’t help but see her as Sarah and that takes away some of her allure, unless she continues to choose other evocatively sensual roles. Play to your strengths baby.

Enhanced by Zemanta